Aquí é supermarket
Ourense, Galícia, Spain
Reinventing the ‘local supermarket’.
Changing the ‘doing the shopping’ concept.
Doing the shopping is tedious and repetitive.
Reducing the boredom of such a repetitive task.
Providing customers with a daily menu that is always different and offers several options.
Including recipes and their ingredients, or ready meals, if preferred.
In collaboration with a team of nutritionists from the University of Vigo, Spain, a daily menu system with recipes based on local ingredients was prepared, each including the pre-cooked option.
For its demonstration, a special section,“QFH” Que Facemos Hoxe (‘What shall we make today’), was designed for the display of the daily menu products.
The shop was organised into three different areas:
- A fast area for everything needed for the day menu.
- An area for buying the ‘most appealing’ products, many of which were fresh products.
- An area for replenishment shopping products.
- A single-queue system directed to different tills was put in place.
- Promotional posters were removed from the shop.
- Some attractive and poetic design elements were added.
|Standard areas||QFH-branded area|
|Range||Standard range||Lo que debemos tener hoy|
|Depth of range||Shop-size dependent||Only what needed for the menu|
|Services||Standard||What a surprise!|
Experiencing that doing the shopping can be surprisingly pleasant.
A shopping experience that is always different, as well as quicker, and in a relaxing and inspiring environment where you never feel pressured.
The results were impressive, particularly bearing in mind that it was at the height of recession: on average, the daily number of customers reached 1,250 (in a small city with just 110,000 inhabitants). And, most importantly, sales increased by 23% above an optimistic projection.
We work as a team with great specialists.
At m+f=!, we come up with the initial concept and we then guide its implementation. Our partners were:
Alcántara&Partners SL: corporate identity.
Jos de Vries: shop structure development and implementation.
Garrofé Brand & Pack: communication agency.
One of the 6 world finalists at the World Retail Awards.
Category: ‘Most innovative project in distribution’
- Aquí é, a gimmick-free supermarket with a menu (Expand).
- Aquí é, convenience con menú bilanciati e più percorsi (GDOWEEK).